Bhutan is a beautiful country, located in the eastern Himalayas, with a rich culture and breathtaking natural scenery. March is one of the best times to visit Bhutan, as the weather is mild and pleasant, and the country is in full bloom. Here is a guide to visiting Bhutan in March:
- Weather: In March, the weather in Bhutan is mild and comfortable, with clear blue skies and plenty of sunshine. The average temperature ranges from 10°C to 20°C, making it a great time to enjoy outdoor activities.
- Festivals: March is a festive month in Bhutan, with several important festivals taking place across the country. One of the most popular festivals is the Punakha Drubchen, which is held in the Punakha Dzong. It is a colorful and lively event, featuring traditional dances and music, and attracts many tourists from around the world.
- Trekking: Bhutan is known for its beautiful trekking routes, and March is a great time to explore them. You can trek through the stunning forests and mountains, and witness the blooming rhododendrons and other wildflowers.
- Sightseeing: Bhutan is full of stunning landscapes, historic monasteries, and traditional architecture. In March, you can visit popular attractions such as the Tiger’s Nest Monastery, Punakha Dzong, and the National Memorial Chorten.
- Local Cuisine: Bhutanese cuisine is unique and delicious, and March is a great time to try some of the local dishes. Some popular dishes to try include Ema Datshi (spicy cheese stew), Phaksha Paa (pork cooked with spicy red chilies), and Jasha Maru (spicy chicken curry).
- Photography: Bhutan is a photographer’s paradise, and March is a great time to capture the stunning landscapes and colorful festivals. You can take pictures of the blooming flowers, traditional architecture, and the colorful costumes and dances during the festivals.
In summary, March is a great time to visit Bhutan, with mild weather, vibrant festivals, stunning trekking routes, and unique local cuisine. Don’t forget to pack warm clothes for the evenings and early mornings, and comfortable shoes for trekking and sightseeing. With its natural beauty and cultural richness, Bhutan is sure to leave you with unforgettable memories.